Zoeken in deze blog

maandag 16 mei 2011

Busy weekend!

Hey there y'all!
I had a marvelous weekend, you too?

Friday:
Friday night Wesley's nephew celebrated his 18th birthday. After we stuffed our faces with food and pie, we went to the fair in Purmerend. It's quite a big one and it was very crowded! Actually it was crowded with a lot of
modern day youth.... But who cared about them! We were there to have some fun :) After strolling around for a bit we decided to take a spin in the Octopus.


Yay for cotton candy!

The guy on the picture is Wouter. He is the boyfriend of Wesley's cousin Amanda. They have a cute baby boy, he was at his grandparents that moment. (that would be Wesley's uncle and aunt) The cotton candy was very nice an it matches my jacket.

Saturday:
Rock 'n roll Franeker. We had to get up early because Franeker is a 2 hour drive and I had to do my hair and everything. It was nice and we had a good time. We even made some new friends! Here's a picture of me in Wesley's 1951 pick-up.


Giggles.

It went colder and we decided to go home and have some pizza. After dinner we went to the Cruise Inn where it was very quiet. There were two bands playing.

I really liked Al Willis and the new swingsters, they had a lot of fun on stage. We stayed for a few hours, I danced with Hans and then we went home. I think it was 4:00 when we went to bed.

Sunday:
Got up at 11:30 and we were very tired. God, we felt like zombies! But the most fun about that day was in the evening when we went to the forest to go mountain biking. It was my first time so I was excited but also a bit scared of falling. Well, the falling part wasn't left long to my imagination because I fell like 6 times! I even fell straight into the poison ivy :( It's harder than it looks to cycle over the track, but there's bumps, leafs, twigs, sand, mud, corners, trees, bushes, mosquitoes, downhill, uphill and loads more. So it's not your average touring on a mountain bike, it's hardcore off road dirt :P Good thing I was wearing a helmet.

So that was my weekend!
Maybe someone will post some photo's of Franeker or the Cruise Inn on Facebook , then I will post them here too.
I'll be back.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten